Wednesday, November 1, 2017

I Wish You a Merry Quilt-a-Long Block 7

Block 7 is a pieced poinsettia.  I was looking at my blocks and realized they were all appliqued up to this point so I decided to make my poinsettia applique too.  This was originally a quilting motif I modified into an applique pattern.  I love the birds in the background fabric!


For the tiny dots at the center I used a green and gold batik cut in really tiny dots and outlined with a gold Glide thread.


I leave for IQA Houston today!  Many posts to come!

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy like you I fell in love with the background fabric of the wee birds so delightful. I all so like you design of the poinsetta flower mine is flowering still in the garden but by Christmas all that will be there will be the dead leaves. I have a yellow and red plant in the same pot so it gives a lovely show for around 3 months of the year. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your poinsettia - very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful detailed work! Sensational!

    ReplyDelete