Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A Sneak Peek at Pentaflora

So it's Quiltweek in Paducah and I have two quilts in the show.  I must admit to being a bit disappointed that neither one placed, but upon further reflection I've realized that having two quilts in the show is an accomplishment in itself and I need to get over it.  When big disappointment hits me it tends to take 24-48 hours to get over.  So I'm getting there.  It helps that my newest show quilt will debut next week at the Utah Quilting and Sewing Marketplace (formerly HMQS).  So for the next few posts I'll be showing you the process of creating this beauty.

When I design my applique quilts I always do a test layout of fabrics and then use mirrors to see if I like it.  Then I can change color decisions before the sewing starts.


This quilt was started back in 2014.  It's hand applique, so it takes a while!

I tried to take photos at each stage along the way so here we go.

Layer 1:


And a closeup for Layer 1.



Layer 2:


And a closeup for Layer 2:


Come back for more later this Saturday.

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments: